Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nutella is the Devil.

But unfortunately .... it's probably the yummiest thing since cookie dough ice cream.

On our recent grocery shopping trip we stopped by the peanut butter aisle to pick up a jar.  Cale and I only eat "Natural" peanut butter.  Jif's to be exact.  The first time I tried it I was skeptical and wasn't quite sure if it was a taste I could acquire.  That was 6 months ago.  I tried regular peanut butter the other day and literally had to spit it out.  It was terribly salty and just yucky.  Ha ha.  "Yucky".  Who says that?  Oh wait ... someone who has two little ones.  Anyway ... I had been extremely curious about buying a jar of Nutella.  I read the front label.  Put it back on the shelf.  And then picked it back up again and threw it in the cart.  Oh well ... what the hell ... I'll give it a shot.  At $3.18 a jar, I'll give up some Sonic drinks for a few days if I don't like it.  It sounded too healthy and flavorless and actually didn't look all that appetizing on the jar.

When we got home I opened it up and smelled it.  It smelled like sweeeeeet chocolate.  I then looked at the back of the label for the first time.  It had like 4 times the amount of sugar than the peanut butter we buy.  I took a piece of bread and spread some Nutella on half of it. 

OH. MY. GOSH.

It tasted like I was eating chocolate frosting.  In fact ... it's probably better than chocolate frosting.

I've come to the conclusion that Nutella is the devil.

Despite it being sooooooo incredibly unhealthy for you ... I can't imagine the Topinka house without a jar now.  Unfortunately, I'll only be able to eat it once a week on "cheat" day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment