Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Blog Of 2011: It's About The Company.


I'll start off by saying thank you ... from the bottom of my heart ... for making my first year of blogging a great one.  I started my blog as a keepsake and journal for my family.  And it's become so much more than that.  I have made some new friends (you) and have been blessed with great opportunities for my family because of blogging.

I planned on spending my night entertaining myself with Twitter feeds.  But evidently Twitter is "over capacity".  I can't sign on.  Funny.

Most of the years I was/am happy to say, "Good Riddance [insert year here]"!  I can't say the same about 2011.  We had ups and A LOT of downs.  But Christopher had so many firsts and Cash had such a great year that I would be ungrateful and selfish to say Good Riddance to this year.  It's bittersweet to see it go ... but I'm hopeful and happy to see what 2012 has in store for us. 

My husband and I don't go out on NYE.  We haven't since having kids.  Not because we don't have a sitter.  Cash's old babysitter has offered the past two years.  And while he loves her and would be crushed if I told him we said no .... ringing in the New Year without my kids is just sooooo last year.  For us anyway.

The last time my husband and I left the house on NYE was the 2007-2008 transition.  We had a two month old and our good friends, The Loops (shoutout!) invited us over to their house to ring in the new year.  They had an almost four-month-old and our little ones rang in the new year lying on the floor staring at each other.  We were all amazed that not only were WE all still awake ... but our babes were too.

Last year, My husband and I celebrated by falling asleep on the couch.  When I woke up and saw Times Square confetti in the streets ... I shook the hubs, kissed him, and giggled about how long we'd been asleep.

We're also not ones to keep our kiddo's awake either.  Being a parent of a sleep-deprived child is not a way that I like to start my New Year. 

My idea of a good new year is not trying to grab my husband and YELL "Happy New Year" into his ear over the hundreds of other people trying to do the same and then giving him a sloppy, wet drunken kiss.  It's not fun walking to your car the same time hundreds of other drunkasses are doing the same cackling at you or your husband or your friends, trying to start a fight.  It's not fun watching your best friend cry because she didn't have a date to kiss this year.  It's not fun driving home with hundreds of drunkasses on the road.

This year it's about the company .... not what bar or club we're at and at what time.  When the clock strikes midnight, I can give my husband a sweet, as long as I want, kiss in our peace and quiet home with the people I love the most.
Because those kind of New Years Eves are the most memorable ...... to us.
Happy New Year friends. 
Be safe and enjoy it the way YOU want with the people that mean the most to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment