Friday, April 6, 2012

Clean + Green by SeaYa (Review)

For some reason, when my husband and I bought the furniture for our house, we were obviously NOT thinking long term.  Less than a year of being married and moving into our new house, we found out I was pregnant.  And with a new baby comes a LOT of company.  So we stayed within budget - but not within our intelligence.  We decided to go with an off-white microfiber sofa.  In our defense, we did anticipate our little one eating in our living room.  That's not what it's intended for.  But as we all know ... the things you said you'd never do pre-baby, don't always go as planned.  What I'm getting at is this:  Our beautiful, clean off-white microfiber sofa .... has turned into a speckled/gray disgusting "piece of art" in our family room.  And it's embarrassing.

So as you can imagine, I was VERY delighted to receive an e-mail from CLEAN+GREEN with an offer to sample their products in celebration of Earth Month which is this month.

I received the Carpet & Upholstery product, the Wood & Tile product, and the Odor Eliminator, Cleaner and Stain Remover for the Automobile (because our long-haired shih tzu goes EVERYWHERE with us). Clean+Green labels state that their product "delivers instant results in a safe, non-toxic, eco-friendly, hypoallergenic and fragrance free solution – safe for pets, people and the planet!"

The first night of receiving the products our cat projectile vomited all over the boys' room.  I was desperately searching for something to clean the mess up and remembered Clean+Green.  The first application reduced the stain by about 75%. The next day I sprayed again, and by afternoon, the stain (and smell) was completely gone.  I would've posted a picture, but I figured you really didn't want to see cat vomit.
Next tackle:  I applied Clean+Green Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner at the end of March on our sofa and waited until now to write this review because I wanted to see if the stains and odors would permanently be gone.  I'm pleased to say that they are.  The test area for the stains are gone, The smell is gone and I can definitely vouch that this is a great product!  Now I need to go buy some more so that I can finish the ENTIRE sofa.

We have Italian tile in our entryway and it's the usual spot our dog has her accidents since it's right by the door.  But the Italian tile is not something that is cheap and the pee tended to run into the grout.  After applying the Wood & Tile cleaner to the area, the grout is noticeably cleaner!

As far as the Auto Cleaner and Deodorizer:  I really need to clean my car before I can try this product out.  As I said, our dog goes EVERYWHERE with us.  She's never had an accident in the car (knock on wood) but she has been known to "not smell so purdy".  Right now I need to wait for the air freshener scent I used earlier to go away before I apply this product.  Otherwise, I'm not sure I'll be able to tell a difference.

Using a patented formula, Clean+Green encapsulates and eliminates stain and odor on contact - even skunk odor! - by naturally biodegrading the stain or odor source. The all-natural formula delivers instant results in a safe, non-toxic, eco-friendly solution. Ingredients include cane sugar derivatives, a proprietary blend of botanical extracts, hydrated cellulose, purified water, and a natural aerosol propellant (nitrogen). For more information, please visit www.odorandstainremover.com.

You can also visit Clean+Green on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/CleanandGreen and Twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/cleanandgreen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment