Friday, June 17, 2011

Today's Blog Is Brought To You By The Letter "P"

Once you have kids it seems like you're in over your ears with Pee and Poop.  Your vocabulary changes too as all of a sudden you find yourself stating that you need to go to the "potty".

I can tell you where the potty is in every mall, grocery store, department store, gas station, school, and rest area is.  Even though I always tell Cash to go potty before we leave ... once we get to our destination (or sometimes only halfway to our destination) ... it's like the flood gates were opened or the car ride became a stool softener.  I guess that's why we are starting to become recluses.  I'd rather watch a movie on Netflix then miss the last 5 minutes of a movie in the theatre because we had to hike to the bathroom and fight a crowd at the theatre.

And what is it about bedtime that makes a child suddenly have to excuse themselves to the bathroom minutes after they've been tucked in, said prayers, read stories, and kissed goodnight?  Cash probably goes potty MAYbe 5 times a day ... but not even five minutes after he's been tucked in, he's hollering for Mom or Dad that he needs to go to the bathroom.  And of course it seems like he always has to "Poop".  And it's not like I can say no.  Smart kid.

Since becoming a Mom, I've realized two things: 
Going potty is now a group event. 
And {Poop} and {Toot }are the funniest words a person can say.
Seriously ... Cash can be a zombie in front of the TV but the second I attempt to tip-toe past to go use the restroom, he all of a sudden has to tell me something that is extremely important that couldn't wait a couple minutes.

This morning as Cash was going potty I hear him giggling his cute little shy giggle.  I knocked on the bathroom door (because we're trying to learn the whole privacy thing) and asked what was so funny.  He said, "My toots are funny.  I just tooted in the potty and it tickled my hiney." 

But there is nothing ... absolutely NOTHING is funnier than toots in the tub. 

I take that back .... if you add the word "Poopy" to a sentence, you're suddenly a comedian...  "Mommy, I want to go to the poopy park today"

Ohhhhh boys.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment