Monday, July 11, 2011

I Don't Like Them Anymore.

Why is it that all that I do lately is cry and vent.  I've lost my humor. 

I've started looking for part-time night jobs.  It's to the point where 5 out of 7 days, I don't like my children.  That sounds terrible I know ... but it's true.  I love them with everything that I have and everything that I am ... but I just can't do it anymore.  I went to the Music Theatre of Wichita last night with my neighbor (and friend).  I was gone for four hours.  By the time I got home my boys were all fed, bathed, and sound asleep.  When I woke up this morning ... I couldn't wait for them to wake up too.  It was the best feeling ever to be able to miss them.  Sure I missed reading them a story and tucking them in.  But I felt alive again when I woke up.  My walls no longer felt like they were going to collapse.  It wasn't "just another day".  I received the biggest smiles and hugs.  They missed me too.  So that tells me right there that I'm not the only one that feels this way.  I definitely don't want to go back to work full-time.  And I don't want to work during the day.  I want to be with them during the day ... just not ALL day.  I want to work a few days during the week and maybe a day during the weekend.  It's not like I see my husband now anyway so it wouldn't be much different. 

I love my boys enough to do this not only for me ... but for them.  I feel like I'm a mean person during the day.  Not all the time.  But it gets to the point where somedays all I do is tell Cash, "no" and I don't want to be that way.  I want them to miss me.  Not be annoyed by me.  I want them to realize they need me.  And not just for someone to fix them lunch.  I want them to love me.  Not always be mad at me.  I want them to know there's a life outside of our little house.  Not just a life of Sesame Street and Candyland.  And I too want to know there's a life outside of Sesame Street and Candyland.

Whether such job exists or not, we'll find out.  I just know that since we're not blessed enough to have someone watch the boys a few hours once or twice a month while the husband and I go on a date ... getting a job is my only out.  Unless one of you wins the lottery.  Then please think of me.  I promise I'll do good things with my cut of your winnings.  Thanks.

PS:  Me saying I don't like my kids is just me being dramatic.  They are my best friends.  But you know how you get with your friends sometimes ... annoyed.


Peace, Love, and Popsicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment