Thursday, November 17, 2011

Riding In Car With Boys

It's been awhile since I posted one of these. 
I mentioned to Cash the other day he'd have to go see Dr. Hane for his annual well-child checkup and that he'd be getting a flu shot at this appointment (you'll see why I italicized that at the end).  He asked if it'd hurt and I said I wasn't sure but if it did it would be over in less than a second.  But then I remembered that "a second" is actually "five minutes" to a four-year-old.  So Daddy chimed in with:  "All you have to do is plug your nose and blow so your cheeks puff out and you won't feel a thing".
We got to the doctor's office and after examination the doctor explained that Cash was old enough for the nose spray flu "shot" thingy.  So I was excited to tell him:  "NO SHOTS TODAY, Buddy!!"  Which made him exteeeeemely happy.

And thennnn the doctor came back in with the nurse.  He said he should actually have the 3 shots he'll need before starting school next year since his checkups aren't until November.

Ugh.  

So we went from 1 shot.  To NO shots.  To THREE shots.  #MotherOfTheYearAward

After his appointment we called Papa to tell him the news.
And here's how the convo went:

Papa:  Hey buddy.  Did you see Dr Hane today?
Cash:  Uh-huh.
Papa:  Was he nice to you?
Cash:  Yeah.
Papa:  What about the nurse?  Was she nice?
Cash:  No.  She wasn't nice to me.
Papa:  Why's that?
Cash:  Because she gave me three FLUTE shots.


Ha ha.  From the mouths of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment