Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Have a Date Tonight....

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on a date with him.

He’s the most handsome man I’ve ever seen. He has sandy brown hair, light blue – almost gray – eyes and a smile that makes my heart flutter. No joke … he still does this. Regardless of the number of times he’s upset me to the point of crying.

Our date actually started today. We played in the rain and laughed and giggled until our stomachs hurt. I try to be cool … but sometimes he just makes me turn into a kid again.

Tonight though ... is our real date. We’re going out to dinner and a movie later. His choice.

During the movie I plan to have one eye on the screen and the other one on him. I can’t help it. He’s just so handsome and I can’t believe he’s mine.

After the movie, we’re grabbing some ice cream and talking until we don’t have anything else to say. He likes to ask me questions … usually about what I was like as a kid. He’s so smart and always so into our conversations. He makes me feel important. I hope I do the same for him.On the way home I’ll actually let him pick the station. He likes music and he likes to sing and dance. I hit the jackpot with this one, I tell ya.

He usually falls asleep in the car so I’m sure I’ll have to wake him once we get home. Or maybe not. Maybe I’ll just scoop him up and carry him myself. I’ll tuck him in and kiss his forehead and rub that little patch of hair on his forehead by his cowlick that is still so baby soft.

Before I resort to falling asleep myself, I’ll make sure to whisper how much I love that sweet man of mine. And may all his dreams come true.
 
Thanks for going on a date with me tonight, Cassius. To the moon and back, my little bug. I hope our dates never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment