Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Quote and Note For My Little Boys

This may have been out of a birthday book ... but it's still a great quote to live by ...

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 
- Dr. Suess

Don't ever let anyone try to tell you that your way is the wrong way.  That you should be a follower and do things the way everyone else does them.  That you shouldn't be you.
Because they'll try.  They will.  Just don't believe them.  Not for one second. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Before I had you, I thought I knew how to love.  I had no idea.

You make me strive to be better every day.  More patient.  And less rigid.  More present.  And less lazy.  More of what you need me to be.  I may not always succeed.  But I'll be darned if I didn't try.

I marvel at you both every day.  Cash, at your vocabulary.  Chris, at your milestones.  Cash, at your memory.  Chris, at your smile.  Cash, at your imagination.  Chris, at your strength.  And I’m not the only one.   You draw people toward you.

Cash:  A few minutes ago, when I kissed you before your nap I told you how proud I was of you.  How proud I was to be your mom. “Thank you for being my boy for three (and a half) whole years. Thank you for choosing ME to be your Mommy.” I said.
“Mommy,” you called to me, as I turned to shut your door, "I'm still you and Daddy's boy.”  "Forever?" I replied.  "Yep!" You yelled back.

Yes you will honey .... Yes you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment